We are pleased to offer homebirth as an option for families! While the majority of our clients use our birth center, birthing at home is a safe, satisfying, and empowering choice. Studies have demonstrated that women who are experiencing a healthy, low risk pregnancy, and plan to birth at home with a midwife, have outcomes that are as safe, if not safer than the same women birthing in the hospital setting.
To ensure the highest quality of care, we can attend two homebirths a month. Clients choosing to birth at home will still receive their prenatal and postpartum care at The Birth Center, including participation in Group Prenatal visits with the midwives. The midwife will do a prenatal visit in your home at 37 weeks gestation to become familiar with your home and bring birth supplies, and assist you in your preparedness for your upcoming delivery!
• We offer homebirth to families living within a 30 minute radius of The Birth Center. However, please contact us, as we may be able to make accommodations depending on where clients live.
• Our midwife will bring to each homebirth all the supplies and equipment necessary to attend your labor, delivery, and immediate postpartum, including medications, IV setup if necessary, and oxygen for mom and baby as needed.
• A midwife and birth assistant are in attendance at your homebirth. You are welcome to have as many support people at your birth as you wish. We are guests at your birth!
• Your midwife will arrive at your home when you are in active labor and remain with you throughout your labor and delivery and for 2-3 hours postpartum, ensuring that you and the baby are stable and we have cleaned up after your birth.
• We will provide a water birth tub for you to set up in your home and use for your labor and delivery as desired.