A Note From The Midwife:
Infertility seems like a strange thing to address by a birthing center, however, it is incredibly relevant& the support & care we provide for those experiencing infertility is some of the most important work we do. We are keenly aware of the heartbreak & desires felt by those who cannot achieve a pregnancy. We strive to take care of women & families in all the times of their lives. In this issue, there are several resources for women that are looking for support & care. We also give care here, in our center, in many of the circumstances listed below.
- We offer care in instances of repeat miscarriages.
- We teach fertility awareness and charting for awareness of the body’s functioning.
- We offer hormone testing to check for imbalances.
- We offer lifestyle teaching to correct for imbalances.
- We offer hormone replacement for those whose lifestyle changes are not enough.
- We offer ovulation stimulating medicine prescriptions for those who have difficulty ovulating.
- We offer continuing phone and visit contacts to assist in the changes that are inevitable.
- We offer referrals to specialists when the difficulties are beyond our skills.
- We offer birth control options such as Natural Family Planning, birth control pills, diaphragm fitting and placing IUD’s.
- We offer council and referrals without judgement when having a child is not an option.
We honor and support women in all stages of their lives and in whatever decisions that they make for themselves. The Birth Center is a place of respect, acceptance, and love for women throughout their lives.
- Becky & Eve
The Birth Center Seminar Series:
Acupuncture for Fertility,
with Bea Hammond, L.Ac, MTCM, Dipl.Ac.
A word from our presenter:
I am excited to be presenting this month on the effects of Chinese Medicine in promoting fertility and happy healthy pregnancies. My presentation will include a short history of this ancient medicine with an explanation on how it works. I will be covering fertility & pregnancy treatments that help with nausea and preventing miscarriages as well as labor preparation treatments. There will be plenty of time for Q&A and some hands on demonstration, so everyone who wants to experience what acupuncture feels like, you will have the opportunity to do so. If you like to read up more about me and my practice here in Salt Lake please visit my website.
Looking forward to seeing you on February 10th!
A look back at our 2017! Thank you to all of our wonderful families for trusting us with your birth journeys. We truly love all of you! Take a few moments to enjoy this beautiful video, so lovingly made by Eva
When traditional methods don't work for your family
Different people on different roads have found themselves part of an adoption story. Each one has great joy alongside great sorrow and has a mother who has carried that baby and loves him or her. Years ago Eva and her partner Barbara were drawn to come alongside birthmothers and volunteer support where their systems were lacking. This has meant different things to different clients through the years, from driving them to dr appointments and lawyers visits to interviewing adoptive families together, fielding many phone calls and then being their doula and advocate in labor and protecting their precious hours with their baby after birth and days that follow. They believe that when a woman is supported through her plan and makes her final decision in as strong, educated and loved on position as possible, each person in that story is better for it.
The Adoption Exchange has profiles of children in our foster care system waiting for families in the the surrounding 7 states right now.
"The Adoption Exchange believes every child deserves a family... therefore, we are the connection between children who wait in foster care and families who adopt. We provide expertise and support before, during and after the adoption process."